After last week saw almost every game in the Japanese charts being a new release, things looks to have settled down a little more in this week’s software sales.
It should come as no surprise that Splatoon 3 continues to ink its name at the top spot, but this week also sees the charting debuts of Harvestella and Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom in second and third place respectfully. This was a particularly good showing from Square Enix’s new farm sim, which recorded 26,644 units sold in the week.
The first full week of November is back to being a good one for Nintendo overall. Only Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is pulled over for PlayStation from last week, with the remaining nine places all occupied by games on the Switch from Bayonetta 3 and Persona 5 Royal still selling well in fourth and fifth to Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits continuing to hold on in tenth.
Here’s the full rundown on this week’s software charts:
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 (Nintendo, 09/09/22) – 51,715 (3,287,416)
- [NSW] Harvestella (Square Enix, 11/04/22) – 26,644 (New)
- [NSW] Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom (Bandai Namco, 11/02/22) – 11,278 (New)
- [NSW] Bayonetta 3 (Nintendo, 10/28/22) – 10,103 (51,388)
- [NSW] Persona 5 Royal (ATLUS, 10/21/22) – 7,791 (65,829)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline (Square Enix, 09/15/22) – 7,781 (218,732)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 7,602 (2,840,716)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 7,501 (4,891,234)
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (Activision, 10/28/22) – 7,351 (31,722)
- [NSW] Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits (Bandai Namco, 10/27/22) – 6,854 (30,151)
As for the hardware charts, we are back on terra firma this week. In case you missed it, last week saw the PlayStation 5 take the top spot as the best-selling console of the previous seven days – marking the first time it had outsold the Switch in as long as we can remember. The story could not be more different this week, as the Switch OLED boasts huge sales of 74,895 units compared to the PS5’s 12,014 in third position.
The Switch pops into second place this time, while the Switch Lite manages to crawl back from last week’s sub-1000 performance to sell 1,714 units and take its spot in the top half of the charts again.
Here’s the week’s hardware charts in all its OLED glory:
- Switch OLED Model – 74,895 (2,923,063)
- Switch – 13,869 (18,824,546)
- PlayStation 5 – 12,014 (1,796,038)
- Xbox Series S – 2,663 (211,778)
- Switch Lite – 1,714 (4,905,047)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 1,260 (283,885)
- Xbox Series X – 450 (167,006)
- PlayStation 4 – 257 (7,820,200)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 31 (1,189,119)
We are rapidly approaching the release of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet on 18th November which we anticipate will shake up the charts more than a little. If the OLED can put up numbers like this prior to their release, however, then we could be in for a big week indeed.
As always, let us know what you think of the latest Japanese charts in the comments!